Metro Alarm - corblimeyguvnar
1.00 AM, Blinkin alarm goes off, me dancing around in me pants, trying to turn it off ASAP, with the neighbours going mental.

Tried setting the alarm again this morning, five minutes later its beeping away, any ideas?, Not been tampered with, so no clues there.
Cheers
DAM METRO ALARM - corblimeyguvnar
Sorry, in my rage forgot to mention
Metro 1.1, 1993, UK Model, if thats any help
DAM METRO ALARM - Martyn [(ex) BR moderator]
Sounds like you\'ve got a moth or a fly inside. Buy a spider!

Martyn [Back Room moderator]
====================
mailto:webmaster@honestjohn.co.uk
COULDNT DO THAT MR MODERATOR,
WIFES CAR,
WIFE + MOTOR + SPIDER = GAURANTEED RTA
DAM METRO ALARM - Martyn [(ex) BR moderator]
Glad we can still laugh!

By the way, I never cease to be amazed at the REAL help The Back Room offers on so many abstruse topics. I knew it would be good, but not this good!

Martyn [Back Room moderator]
====================
mailto:webmaster@honestjohn.co.uk
DAM METRO ALARM - Dynamic Dave
Factory fit, or aftermarket alarm? Has it got ultrasonics fitted? Does it detect voltage drop?

ps, no need TO SHOUT.
Factory fit, no ultra sensors, yes voltage drop detect.
no more shouting.
cheers
DAM METRO ALARM - Peter D
How old is you car battery ??

Do you have a digital volt meter to measure volts and current.

If so measure your can battery voltage after the car has been stood for 6 hours and come back to me.

If your alarm goes off again measure the voltage straight away and come back.

If you are able set you meter to the 50 milliamps range, the the alarm set and the battery positive clamp undone connect the meter between the positive battery post and the positive battery clamp. This may take two people to do this. Now gently lift the clamp up off the battery lug and if the alarm does not go off what current is being drawn the car with the alarm set. Come back.

Also check the correct operation of the interior light and the door switches.

If your battery is four years old or so and you can get in to it check the battery fluid levels (6) Come Back.

Regards Peter.
cheers peter
will try and find me meter

and by the way interior light not working, never has.
battery sealed unit so no good there.

didnt go off last night so battery sounds like it could be a prob, will try and check it out tonight

regs
DAM METRO ALARM - Peter D
Ah,

Was your model fitted with a dimming interior light ( Fade Out )

If so and although you say it has never worked the time delay/dimmer relay may be the cause of your alarming situation.

This was the cause of a repeated flat battery on a Vauxall Carlton. after a few hours in the drive the interior light slowly came on and was triggering the alarm so the owner turned the alarm off. Then she started getting a flat battery, short runs and a fading battery capacity.

Peter
DAM METRO ALARM - jc
Had a problem with a Saab.Battery kept going flat-traced to boot light not going out.
Metro Alarm - Cyd
Could well be falling battery voltage as battery settles after use. If it's more than four years old or so, probably worth getting a new one. Most good OE alarms no longer sense battery voltage for this reason.
Check the door switches for corrosion - see if this gets the interior light working. Be worth getting the interior light working so the alarm will work if someone opens the door.
As I remember this model has no boot light - certainly this is the case on my wifes 1.1S.
Don't know where the alarm module is, but if it's under the bonnet check the condition of the harness connector.
Metro Alarm - David Lacey
Metro or Rover 100 Alarm going off for no reason?

It'll be the tailgate catch switch gone 'orrible.

Remove the tailgate catch (two 8mm bolts) and you'll see the microswitch will be covered in that horrible verdigris (??) which results in a short to ground, activating the alarm.

Cleaning doesn't work, believe me, I've tried.

New catch (FQR10031) is what you need, about £15

Let us know how you get on?

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org
Metro Alarm - corblimeyguvnar
cheers everyone for your time, havent had a chance to fiddle yet but will have a go tonight and get back to you when i'm back from working in sunny sweden (5 quid a pint, 15 days, methinks i'll need a bigger overdraft)
all the best
CBG
Metro Alarm - Stevieboy
>>(5 quid a pint, 15 days, methinks i'll need a bigger overdraft)

Red Wine is very reasonable from the state run Off Licence,
similar to UK prices; so get tanked in the hotel room before you go out for the evening!

Oh, don't even think of driving (motoring link) as their Drink/Driving laws are very strict???