03 TDCi Glow lamp indicator has come on. - moleyo
I have a 2003 Mondeo TDCi 2.0. After 70,000 miles of trouble free driving I was motoring back from the airport last night and shortly after filling the fuel tank was driving along when the engine cut out and the Glow lamp indicator started flashing. Pulled over onto shoulder turned the ignition off then on and it restarted. It did this twice more somewhere around the 80 mph mark but stopped doing it when I cut the speed back to 70 mph and kept it in 5th. The car is on 82,000 miles now and skipped its 75000 mile service. Any one have an idea what it might be?

Edited by Pugugly on 16/03/2008 at 14:03

03 TDCi Glow lamp indicator has come on. - MoonMonkey
Hi

Means the engine management system has detected error codes. Can be a number of things, from trivial to more serious. See my answer in this thread for fuller explanation.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=61...1
03 TDCi Glow lamp indicator has come on. - Brian Kydd
I have a 2003 Mondeo TDCi 2.0. After 70,000 miles of trouble free driving I was motoring back from the airport last night and shortly after filling the fuel tank was driving along when the engine cut out and the Glow lamp indicator started flashing. Pulled over onto shoulder turned the ignition off then on and it restarted. It did this twice more somewhere around the 80 mph mark but stopped doing it when I cut the speed back to 70 mph and kept it in 5th. The car is on 82,000 miles now and skipped its 75000 mile service. Any one have an idea what it might be?

03 TDCi Glow lamp indicator has come on. - Brian Kydd

if the glow plug light is flashing it likely that an injector has gone down/ faulty . some times if the faulty injector is reprogramed the fault goes away. most garages wont tell you this!.

TDci pumps can also be a problem they do not like bio diesel it makes them wear and CRi stage 2 injectors are very sensitive if fuel is contaminated (ie fileings etc) .if your trouble code turns out to be P2336/9 (cylinder above knock threshold) reprograme the injector you might be lucky. cleaning the injector ( strip down rebuild dont be frightened there is less than 10 parts inside but be clean and carefull some are parts very small, ultrasonic cleaning is best) may also help. good luck. Brian