1999 HDI 110 engine vibration - Greenman
The engine in this car used to run like silk. However it developed an irritating vibration about 2100 revs and this has developed into a general roughness with another vibration high at just over 1000 revs. (The crankshaft vibration damper was replaced before this problem started.) The local garage claims to have tried all sorts of things to fix it. Does anyone have any experience of what the cure might be?
1999 HDI 110 engine vibration - Screwloose
Greenman

Get your garage to do a comparative leak-off test on the injectors and inspect the smooth-running compensation figures in live-data.

If they are all returning/drawing the same quantity; suspect a dual-mass flywheel fault.
1999 HDI 110 engine vibration - RichardW
MAF faults on HDi seem rare - however, I read only this week that someone with similar troubles cured them by replacing the MAF, and my mate cured all sorts of running trouble on his 306 HDi by cleaning the MAF. It's got to be worth a punt giving it a clean with carb cleaner!

Screwloose -not sure a 99 HDi would have a DMF - certainly Xantias of that vintage use solid flywheels?
1999 HDI 110 engine vibration - Screwloose
Richard

As far as I'm aware; the RHY doesn't; but the 110hp RHZ does.