1998 TD Estate - anti roll bar has come loose - bazzab22000
i have a 1998 mondeo td estate. the anti roll bar has come lose, will this cause any problem till i can get time to sort it out?

(year & engine details added to subject header. Sarcasm mode on - Maybe we ought to start asking people to do this for themselves by means of 2 sticky messages and a further request under the subject line when composing their question - sarcasm mode off)

Edited by Webmaster on 13/03/2008 at 12:39

anti roll bar - RichardW
How do mean 'loose'??

If it's just rattling a bit then it will probably be OK. If it's come compeltely adrift at one end, then it's likely to be seriously compromising the handling, and you are asking for an excursion into the nearest field!
anti roll bar - Falkirk Bairn
Must be the weather for anti-roll barsfor 10 year old cars - my 1998 Mazda is getting new bushes tomorrow - clunking a bit,

Cannot complain at 10 year old but I might complain whne I see the cost.
anti roll bar - zookeeper
how do you know its come loose? tighten the bolts up then , unless the bushes are worn then replace them ... did you actually get under the car?
anti roll bar - Falkirk Bairn
Cannot complain at 10 year old but I might complain whne I see the cost.

Bushes were £15 ea and labour was £60 then there was the bit for Gordon Brown Esq (I know it is a new chap with grey hair and brown eyebrows but I think it is the Brown bit that does the work of screwing the motorist and taxpayer in General)