Young A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi and Dual Mass Flywheel - dms
Treated myself to this new car in 2005. Still a couple of months warranty.
2.0 tdi manual box 12700 miles, no naughty habits of slipping or riding the clutch.

Nasty growls and grumbles in the last 2 weeks becoming worse.
Used Audi Rescue for an opinion and the diagnosis - "you need a replacement dual mass flywheel!"

The car is duly booked in at the nearest Audi agent (25 miles away) for this Thursday on the tech's say-so.

I remember it being recalled when almost new for a flywheel check (probably a duff batch) but was given all-clear.

Mercifully the warranty will cover this, but what is the general experience with this Volkswagen group's 2 litre diesel?
Young A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi and Dual Mass Flywheel - daveyjp
I suggest you ask the question to VAG cars owners club websites.

Seat, VW and Audi all have owners websites. When I was having trouble with creaking steering form my A3 Sportback I quickly found I was not alone.
Young A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi and Dual Mass Flywheel - bhoy wonder
Make sure they change the clutch as well as it will more than likely to be on its way out as well.
Young A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi and Dual Mass Flywheel - whoopwhoop
my 2007 tdi a3 also had dmf problem at about 12,000m

suddenly developed a judder when engaging clutch.

fixed under wty no hassles.
Young A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi and Dual Mass Flywheel - paul19
oh yes, Audi build quality or not.

i too had an 06 A4 2.0tdi, new clutch required at 11k miles, 9 mths old.

previous A3, gearbox syncros and turbo failed at 50 k miles (1.9 tdi 130 bhp) 2.5 k to repair!!!!

after numerious returns with the a4, i had enough and decided to get rid just before the new model A4 was being released to get a much back before prices were hit.

bought an 06 focus tdci zetec and well impressed, maybe expectations were not so high and a fraction of the running costs. £95 for a main dealer service, couldn't be bad.