1997 2.0 S petrol - stalls at idle - normd2
just picked up a 2litre petrol Ulysse which, if you're careful coming off the throttle does idle, but in traffic it stalls more often than not. I have yet to buy a Haynes manual for it but until then does anyone know if there's a way of manually adjusting the idle speed or is it all under the control of the ECU? Any useful suggestions most welcome.
1997 2.0 S petrol - stalls at idle - Screwloose
norm

ECU controlled - DON'T adjust anything. [Unless you like paying lots of money to FIAT dealers - if there are any left.]

Remove, clean and oil the idle stepper motor [don't turn the ign on with it out] and clean every speck off the throttle butterfly and housing with carb/brake cleaner and an [old] toothbrush.

[This should be a Peugeot RFV 16-valve unit that also turned up in the 406 and the 806 - among others.]
1997 2.0 S petrol - stalls at idle - normd2
thanks Screwloose - I don't have a manual for this yet so could you please advise how I would identify the idle stepper motor. Or maybe there's an on-line manual for it somewhere?
1997 2.0 S petrol - stalls at idle - Screwloose
norm

That's stretching the memory cells; but I think it's the little 4-wire drum-type one on those - mounted on the side of the throttle housing.

Clean the throttle plate etc. first.