97 Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - laskoseos
I have a 97 ibiza with only 50000 kms on it regularly serviced. I was planing on new springs and shocks but for sometime now the car steering wheel pulls to the right when i accelerate hard and left when i brake (hard). I just had springs shocks replaced as i was planning and the shop told me the car checks out steering column, brakes f/r bars etc all is ok.
I took the car to an other shop and explained the situation and when they checked it they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. The problem existed before shock-spring change and still exists now after the change.
What do you guys think it could be and how come 2 different shops 1 of them is an official sea, cant find anything?

{Don't worry, I've put the year in the subject header for you, seeing as you missed the 3 separate requests to do this yourself!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/02/2008 at 21:48

Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - maltrap
the acceleration problem could be something called "torque steering". if you type it into google it will explain more.
Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - sparky93
my friends went identical. the left front chasis leg had split.(in engine bay)
Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - laskoseos
To the first friend yes i could be that but it also does it when braking (on the opposite side though).
To the second friend assuming thats the case why didnt they see it and how did your friend deal with it?
Thanks
Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - Screwloose
Sparky could well have a point. Your problem is the lower wishbone moving about on the left side - by some means.

Edited by Screwloose on 26/02/2008 at 21:39

Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - Peter.N.
What condition are your front tyres in and are they both the same diameter?
Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - sparky93
quite common too having the leg break. it was fixed by welding thick plates around box section. done by a pro garage.
97 Car pulls right on acceleration left on braking - laskoseos
Michelen tires with 2000km on them they were the first think i checked both for pressure and wear and tear.