Reg no. on ins cert? - pleiades
Re ANPR and insurance certs I used to arrange a fleet policy for about 35 company cars of the 'perks' variety i.e. very rarely used for business and the insurers, a Lloyds syndicate, would issue one cert per car without any reg no. but stating words to the effect that it covered any car owned by the company and anybody driving with the company's permission subject age limits etc. This also avoided paperwork as the company tended to change cars as and when rather than altogether.

I' ve now retired and recently heard that this type of general cert is no longer acceptable and that a reg no. must be shown and purely out of interest I wonder if anybody can tell me if this is so?
Reg no. on ins cert? - Falkirk Bairn
Fleet managers now have responsibility to update the Ins Co as to Reg Nos of the cars they operate.

The Ins Cert still says words like "any car owned/lease to the XYZ Co Ltd"
Reg no. on ins cert? - grumpyscot
Our company used to work like that - now, if we hire a car or get a loan car, we have to phone the transport section to advise them of the registration number before we are allowed to take the car on the road.

Bit of a pain when they had gone home when you tried to collect your car from a service and it wasn't ready - but so long as you told them next morning they were fine.

Now, a leasing company (which my company owns) has taken over, and I don't have a clue (a) what insurance we have or (b) who it's with. The leasing company won't issue us with copies unless we have been given a producer (not often these days with computerisation). If we have an accident, we phone a hotline number and they allegedly handle it. The only thing we do know is from the HR site that says "only immediate family members of company car users or other employees can additionaly drive the vehicle". They don't, and won't, say what "immediate family member" means.