2003 Dual fuel DOC 1.6. Oil loss from the engine. - Tron
Vehicle has started to loose oil. No patches on the drive and the sump area is dry. Coolant is clear of any oil. Head and all gaskets on the engine are also bone dry. No apparent external oil leaks are visible.

Exhaust is slightly sooted at the rear box exit pipe and once or twice starting a small puff of blue smoke has been observed that burns off very quickly.

Say for every 300 miles (whilst running on LPG) I am adding a good 1/2 litre of semi synth as top up. I have not run the vehicle for the same distance on petrol though to see if the same happens with oil loss then.

I was told by the dealership, AMS of Grimsby, that oil loss was to be expected due to increased running temperatures.

1/2 a litre for every 300 miles though? Is this right?
2003 Dual fuel DOC 1.6. Oil loss from the engine. - Dynamic Dave
1/2 a litre for every 300 miles though? Is this right?

Handbook says that the engine should not consume more than 1 litre of oil per 1000 miles. If it does, then it's considered exessive.

When was the oil and filter last changed? I take it you're using 10w/40 semi synth oil?
2003 Dual fuel DOC 1.6. Oil loss from the engine. - Tron
Hi DD,

Thanks for your reply.

Yep, 10w/40 semi synth (Unipart) oil.

Vehicle has just had a 60k major service done - yep, already checked sump bolt to make sure it has been nipped up tight!

Plugs are fine, no sign of fouling or overheating on any of them.

Is this just a quirk with it running on LPG?