Do ' they ' want my car ? - motorprop
Simple but pertinent : I have moved , lost some post , how do I know If my car ( this one is a rarely used hobby vehicle ) has outstanding fines against it ? am afraid of using it in town and returning to find it gone ..
Do ' they ' want my car ? - Nsar
Is that code for I've moved house, know I've done something wrong in my car and I'm hoping DVLA won't catch up with me?
If it is then you're knackered.
No, done nothing wrong apart from maybe having a couple of outstanding tickets . Even the most careful driver gets caught by London Councils , so nothing to fear from DVLA as it's all legal . If there are tickets outstanding they will by now exceed the value of the car .
Do ' they ' want my car ? - ihpj
Is that code for I've moved house know I've done something wrong in my car
and I'm hoping DVLA won't catch up with me?
If it is then you're knackered.

Made me laugh the way you put it mate ;)

Thing is, there is a section in the Theft Act that which talks about 'evasion of a lawful debt' - this is a little known piece of legislation and under used by the authorities. I suggest you have a peak at that as it is possible to use that as a quicker way of dealing with persistent fine evaders.

I have used that (as an Officer) to deal with foreign registered vehicles and owners in Central London, who are clearly residing locally, but feel they are immune from traffic warden tickets (and paying them) just because their vehicle is non-UK registered.

Very useful piece of legislation as it is quite wide ranging :)
Do ' they ' want my car ? - martint123
The potential £1000 fine for not telling them of a change of address for the vehicle and/or driving licence will probably exceed the parking fines.
Apart from wise crackers and do - gooders informing me about potential fines for not informing change of address - does anybody know how to find out if a vehicle is wanted by councils / bailiffs for unpaid tickets ?

any constructive information would be apppreciated

FYI : Ever since about 1997 when a car was towed off my drive whilst out at work and £753 was required to secure it's release ( this stemmed from a ticket given whilst it was in a mechanic's care which he threw away and failed to inform me ), I have acted in my interests to ensure this does not recurr .
Do ' they ' want my car ? - frazerjp
Actually thinking about it I can see it being a good idea for a depot for instance with a fleet of vehicles which are usualy same make & models, needing to fill up after every run or shift etc.. could speed opearations up .. if it was to work successfully that is.
Do ' they ' want my car ? - nortones2
What happened to the zebra striped envelopes they pin to the windscreen? Or is levying of parking fines all done by remote control in London?
Do ' they ' want my car ? - PoloGirl
>does anybody know how to find out if a vehicle is wanted by councils / bailiffs for unpaid tickets ?

Ring them?
Do ' they ' want my car ? - oilrag
Write a letter to all councils that are relevant, giving your car details and past and present addresses. Use recorded delivery and save all the replies.

Regards

Edited by oilrag on 17/02/2008 at 11:15

Do ' they ' want my car ? - jbif
What happened to the zebra striped envelopes they pin to the windscreen? Or is levying
of parking fines all done by remote control in London?

See today's news item:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/item.htm?id=4395
"... it has led to a massive fraud where the parking attendant claims that the ticket was put on the vehicle or handed to the driver when neither was the case. As a result, the first the motorist knows of the parking ticket is when they get a document called a Notice to Owner in the post, claiming they haven?t paid the parking ticket.
When I uncovered this scam nearly five years ago, I christened it the Ghost Ticket, .."

"..In the new legislation the government has sneakily inserted a provision that where a parking attendant has started to write a ticket and the motorist drives away, they can send the ticket by post. The opportunities for fraud are astonishing and in my view ?legalize? the issue of Ghost Tickets. .."