Car servicing - jswillia
When you take your car for a service do you have to have the repairs done they recommend in order for the service log to be stamped? I know on my car that the power steering pump leaks a little so about once every 4months I top up the steering fluid. So I don?t want this replaced as its not a problem for me but my car is due a service soon.

Cheers guys
Car servicing - *Gongfarmer*
No, the stamp is to confirm the service has been performed. The paperwork you will recieve will itemise any leaks that are found.
Car servicing - jswillia
Thanks for that, so I would get a bit of paper saying if there was anything wrong? But I would not have to have the problems fixed if I didn?t want to? Its just I don?t want to waste around £200 for the fitting of a new pump when it works fine and I can top it up at the cost of a couple of quid.
Car servicing - Dynamic Dave
So I take it the garage that did *caused* the leak in the first place (mentioned in your Nov 07 post below) didn't want to know then?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=57773

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/02/2008 at 18:48

Car servicing - AlastairW
Is'nt a leaking pas pump an MOT fail? I'd want it fixing, soonest, rather than topping up the fluid.
Car servicing - Dynamic Dave
Alastair, you're correct.

www.motuk.co.uk/manual_230.htm