2000 Aerodeck 1.8 - Backlight on Clock - Pezzer
Can anybody advise me if this is a simple job to replace a bulb or a little more involved. The Clock is still functioning but impossible to see in the dark. I cant work out whether it is a pop out unit.

Thanks
P

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/02/2008 at 20:53

2000 Aerodeck 1.8 - Backlight on Clock - Falkirk Bairn
I had the same problem last July - I asked around and nobody knew for definite. However 1 person said to drop the glove box out and push the clock out from the back. I asked if it was a bulb / new clock and did not get an answer.

I sold the car last Oct with 2 known faults - One was the clock light and the other only 2 speeds on a 4 speed fan (rheostat @ about £30) - access again via the glove box.
2000 Aerodeck 1.8 - Backlight on Clock - *Gongfarmer*
The bulb can accessed by removing the Radio, and probably its cage as well - but you will still need fingures like ET. I tried to remove the console but after extracting every visible screw it was still held by some more fixings. I gave up and fitted a remote CD player with an integral clock.
2000 Aerodeck 1.8 - Backlight on Clock - Pezzer
Thanks guys looks like I'll have to live with it ! I've not got fingers like ET and I'm not known for my patience either :-)