2005 1.6 Zetec - Replacing wipers - BobbyG
My friend has the above car and needs to replace her wipers. She went to the local autostore but they advised that they don't sell wipers for this and she would need to go to a Ford dealer to get them.

Anyone know of an alternative to the Ford dealer, preferably on the web? Or how much are they in dealer?

I remember being pleasantly surprised at how reasonable my Skoda wipers were from the main dealer but not sure if Ford are the same (my Renault Scenic were extortionate from the dealer)
2005 1.6 Zetec - Replacing wipers - bimmer-driver
We sell these where I work. They're the fancy flatblade ones aren't they? We do the Valeo ones, about 40 quid for a twin pack. The days of a pair for a fiver are long gone I'm afraid!
2005 1.6 Zetec - Replacing wipers - MV
In my experience, the quotes for these blades are always eye-wateringly dear from the main dealer. I phoned two dealers when I was looking for replacement blades for my C-Max and was quoted in excess of £70 for the pair by both! In the end, I got a pair of Bosch replacements (which were identical to the Ford pair that I took off) from Autobulbs Direct (tinyurl.com/36jtb7) for about £32. They now appear to have gone up to £39, but the blades themselves are good quality, and the service from the firm was excellent.

Last time I was in Halfords I noticed that they had the blades for the C-Max in their 'own brand' wiper blades for about £40, so this may be a quicker solution, though as I didn't buy any, I can make no comment about the quality of the Halfords blades.
2005 1.6 Zetec - Replacing wipers - BobbyG
Cheers for your replies, I will check these out.
2005 1.6 Zetec - Replacing wipers - christo
I have bought brand new flat blade wipers off e bay on several occasions and saved a fair bit of money, could be worth a look.......