Head Lamp! - RaineMan

By head lamp I do not mean one on the front of your car but one for the front of your head (a la miners). They were mentioned in an earlier post as a way of freeing off your second hand at night. It seemed like a good idea to carry one in the boot. I asked in a few DIY shops with no joy so tried a few 'outdoor shops' today. Two shops had them but at an asking price of over £30 - a bit much to leave lying around in the boot. There were 'all singing, all dancing' - variable output, intermittent mode, etc. I was budgeting on £5/10. Anyone know where I can get one? Thankyou.
Head Lamp! - Billy Whizz
514 head torches for sale on ebay.co.uk Plenty in your price range.
Head Lamp! - PhilW
Good brand? Good price?
www.gooutdoors.co.uk/3138520387251
Have ordered stuff from them before - quick delivery and we now also have a local store - have some decent stuff.

Head Lamp! - Dynamic Dave
I was budgeting on £5/10. Anyone know where I can get one? Thankyou.

Millets?

www.millets.co.uk/Headlight-2/product/091002.aspx
www.millets.co.uk/Kids-Headtorch/product/111090.as...x

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/02/2008 at 19:00

Head Lamp! - Hamsafar
Loads of good LED based ones on ebay, search for "luxeon head"
Head Lamp! - RaineMan

Many thanks! I will be passing a Millets at the weekend. I gave up with EBay and mail order in general when the post started arriving at lunchtime. This meant I was often out and had to go to the sorting office, which then decided to reduce its opening hours!
Head Lamp! - NARU
Try here www.ledshoppe.com/ledheadlight.htm - I've had about 6 torches from them (as family members keep finding them good so I give mine away and replace).

Head lights from as little as $5-$6 including postage, but the best ones are the ones with the new ultra bright LEDs - eg. www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP2022.htm

The price includes postage, so keep the orders below £18 and avoid any possibility of UK VAT/Customs.

Edited by Marlot on 08/02/2008 at 20:18

Head Lamp! - Pugugly {P}
I think I mentioned it originally when I bemoaned the lack off a under bonnet light on the Skoda. Mine was an "Ever Ready" branded LED one from Tesco. £10.00.
Head Lamp! - davmal
Try machine mart (www.machinemart.co.uk). A variety from £6 upwards.
Head Lamp! - Harleyman
Bought mine from Aldi or Lidl, can't remember which; got change from a fiver.

Find them indispensable at work when I'm on a farm trying to couple pipes up to my truck.
Head Lamp! - oldgit
Try www.thetorchshop.co.uk where they have a variety of prices available.
Head Lamp! - Cyd
Wickes, £6
Head Lamp! - Pugugly {P}
Price isn't everything, quality counts in some areas !
Head Lamp! - Ravenger
I bought one from Aldi, it was £6. The problem is that Aldi only have things like that in for a short time until they sell out. I wish I'd bought 2 now, and kept one in the car, because I find it indispensable.

I used mine when I was building a new PC. Very useful to illuminate the dark corners when you're trying to put the thing together.