Granada Sunroof - Mike
The sunroof on my Dad`s L reg Granada will not open or tilt. I think it is the mechanism that is at fault as the handle will not turn at all either way. Would appreciate any tips.
Re: Granada Sunroof - Brian
I don't know about Granadas, but I have thought that sunroof or window winder mechanism's have been faulty when all it has been is that the rubber seal has stick itself to the glass when the sunroofroof or window has not been used for a little while. It can stick surprisingly quickly.
Try going round the sunroof with a fingernail or, carefully, with a blunt knife to make sure it is free all round.
I don't know if anyone out there can recommend a lubricant to stop this happening?
Re: Granada Sunroof - Andrew Hamilton
Anything with silicone in it. I use the fluid intended for sink waste plastic pipes with neoprene seals. Not expensive, is a clear greasy fluid and will not destroy rubber! I think I got it from B&Q. Also have tried Vaseline(Petroleum jelly) as thicker with no problems.
Re: Granada Sunroof - Robin Hall
I don't know if it contains Silicone but I have used Holts Rubber & Nylon lubricant ( I bought it from Halfords not Ann Summers by the way!) on the window guides for a Vitara. The window motors on these cars is not up to the job and the slightest friction would cause them to stick - a regular dose of the lubricant down the side of the glass cured the problem for another 6 months. I now have an Astra Convertible which recommends in the manual use of a Silicone grease on all of the seals, perhaps I should use this lubricant for that as well.
Re: Granada Sunroof - David Lacey
We use a silicone grease during scheduled services at our dealership to prevent this happening. Applied to the lip seal of the sunroof, we get no problems