ANPR & MOT ? - crunch_time
Having just smugly sailed past an ANPR van it occurred to me to check my MOT renewal date.

It's lapsed by a few days. Is MOT data also used by them?

ANPR & MOT ? - Lud
I think so, although others say not. Perhaps it varies. But the information is instantly available to traffic plod, so get a new MoT before you are pulled. It's a £60 ticket and a finger-wagging. Happened to me recently. Although my MoT was, er, more out of date than yours.
ANPR & MOT ? - grumpyscot
You're lucky it was just a finger wagging. Since having no MOT means yor insurance is void, you're lucky the boys in blue didn't seize (and crush) your car!.

Why can DVLA not issue MOT reminders? I reckon a programmer could arrange this in about 15 minutes, and save heartache for millions of motorists.
ANPR & MOT ? - Dwight Van Driver
Looks as if they were after other fish otherwise you should have had a 'pull' from stopping officers further down the road. Or was it a mobile speed camera van?

....and NO. Expired MOT DOES NOT invalidate Insurance.

DVLA to issue MOT reminder........ good grief they even put a little detachable sticker on MOT Cert with validity dates to stick on your motor. Some people want there backsides wiped....

dvd

Edited by Webmaster on 06/02/2008 at 10:35

ANPR & MOT ? - oldnotbold
"DVLA to issue MOT reminder........ good grief they even put a little detachable sticker on MOT Cert with validity dates to stick on your motor."

But the adhesive is carp - best to stick a reminder/alarm in your phone/PC calendar.

Edited by Webmaster on 06/02/2008 at 10:35

ANPR & MOT ? - doug_r1
They send a reminder for your VED, so why not a reminder for your MOT, especially since they went to some trouble to computerise the system. Surely an automated email reminder wouldn't take much effort.
ANPR & MOT ? - Harleyman
They send a reminder for your VED so why not a reminder for your MOT
especially since they went to some trouble to computerise the system. Surely an automated email
reminder wouldn't take much effort.

There have been perfectly good, serviceable reminders around for years.

They're called calendars, diaries or wives.

Edited by Harleyman on 07/02/2008 at 00:06

ANPR & MOT ? - Fullchat
Here is an MOT reminder service which will also book your MOT free of charge. The MOT will need to be paid for though!

www.1stopmot.com