storage for approx 3 months. Any advice? - Harry Pearce
Hello to you all,

I am wishing to store my MG MGF in my Garage for about 3 months can anyone advise me the best way of doing this? Ie to prevent build up of moss the car getting damp etc. My garage is in reasonable order is separate to the house. Is best to start the car every other week and get it up to working temp to keep things moving etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Harry

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/02/2008 at 03:41

storeage - zookeeper
rodent repellant may save your upholstery and your wiring !!!
storeage - thomp1983
put a couple of bags of cat litter with a few holes in the top in the interior, or silica gel, either will absorb the moisture from the inside. i used to put some cat litter in some hoover bags under the seats all year round when my sister had hers, it used to stop the rear screen clouding over

chris
storeage - Blue {P}
I've had my MG TF garaged since October, it's in a decent garage that is detached from the house, all I did was wash and polish it nicely, park it up, cover it with some clean sheets and detach the battery to prevent it discharging.

Don't bother starting it up, the engine won't seize unless you leave it for many, many years, all that starting it will do is fill the oil with condensation and acids which won't be good for it.

I should have inflated the tyres to a higher pressure but unfortunately I never got around to it, if I have 4 dodgy tyres when I move her again then so be it, although I have pushed her in and out of the garage several times since October and I think that once I get her moving again any flat spots will "spin out" with the wonders of centrifugal force. :-)

I also got an insurance policy from Footman James to cover Fire, Theft and Accidental Damage.

I haven't considered the vermin problem, but haven't seen any evidence to suggest that there is one, yet!

storeage - Armitage Shanks {p}
I had a car in a garage, planned to be unused for the winer, and the mice were in it within 2 weeks. Upholstery gnawed and 'black' rice! For what they cost, and whatever else you do, I would recommend a couple of mousetraps. The delightfully named 'Little Nipper' brand can can be found in hardware and £ shops and in Wilco
storeage - Blue {P}
OK you've got me panicked now, I'm going out to check on it....