2002 1.8T Cupra - doors unlock and windows go down - Recalcitrant
My brother has the Leon Cupra as described above and all of a sudden, it has started to automatically lower its windows and unlock at random times whenever it has been locked. Anyone got any ideas?
2002 1.8T Cupra - doors unlock and windows go down - VR6
This happened to freind. He didn't notice straight away, but someone had tampered with the keyhole on the door which meant that the car could be unlocked with a screwdriver. A feature of his car was that the windows roll down if you hold the key in the open position.
Yeah, that's what i thought but we put it in my folks garage, locked it overnight, and the next day the windows were down!
2002 1.8T Cupra - doors unlock and windows go down - Screwloose

How far away were the fobs when this happened? There have been cases where they get inadvertantly pressed or sat on - that can do this if the car is in range.

A faulty lock switch in the driver's door could also be the cause; the convenience module can be scanned to check the operation of locks and window switches.
the fobs were at my brother's house, about two miles away!. I'll let him know about the module. Thanks.