retro fit cruise control - Ian71
I am considering replacing my Vectra with an Astra, but I will miss cruise control. I know the Elite version comes with cruise control as standard, but I am not keen on having leather seats. I am happy to have a lesser model, but the depreciation from new on an Astra is huge so I don't want to buy a new model just to get this feature fitted; I am looking at something around a year old. I am also not that keen on the aftermarket cruise control systems - no real reason except I would like to have the controls not look like an after thought.

Is it possible to retrofit (ie change the indicator stalk etc..) cruise control to this model of Astra? I have seen forums describe how to do this with the previous version, but not the current model.

Plus, I am not that technically inclined, so would I be able to go and ask my local vauxhall dealer to fit it for me?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Edited by Pugugly on 18/08/2008 at 19:01

Retro fit Cruise Control - Ruperts Trooper
Astra's since 2001 model year have been easy to retro-fit cruise control as they have electronic throttle-by-wire.

All you need is the cruise stalk and possibly a clutch switch - it will need "programming" on Tech 2 at a Vauxhall dealer, some of whom deny all knowledge of the procedure.
Retro fit Cruise Control - topbloke
i can confirm the above post, it is do-able,not done it myself but deffinataly do-able
Retro fit Cruise Control - Dynamic Dave
Some info over on Astra Owners Club.

www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128264

No mention if you're replacing with petrol or diesel. Aparantly the clutch switch is already fitted to the diesel, but possibly not the petrol engined Astras. Part No's required are in this thread.

www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97092

A search on there will throw up some more discussions.
Retro fit Cruise Control - Mike TT
Hi,

I have a 2008 Design AUTOMATIC - any advice on retro fitting cruise control, please?

(Vauxhall Customer Services (the Company, not the dealer, say it cannot practically be done?)

sq

Edited by Pugugly on 21/04/2009 at 18:48

Retro fit Cruise Control - Dynamic Dave
any advice on retro fitting cruise control please?

Is the info in the link to astraownersclub no help?
Retro fit Cruise Control - Alanmac
Hi, I just posted the same question on the astraowners site - www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65021
Retro fit Cruise Control - davidh
Yep, done it on my 2007 diesel Astra.

I bought a stalk off Ebay for about £25 and printed out the intructions on the Astra Owners website, went to my local autoelectrician who had TECH2 and hey presto.

Make sure you have the clutch switch however - I can confirm my 1.9 diesel did.
Retro fit Cruise Control - tony gleed
Hi, I have a 2008 Design AUTOMATIC - any advice on retro fitting cruise control, please? (Vauxhall Customer Services (the Company, not the dealer, say it cannot practically be done?) sq

• I can confirm it can be done.Had mine done works perfect,contact me for further information at agmbe@aol.com

retro fit cruise control - tony gleed
I am considering replacing my Vectra with an Astra, but I will miss cruise control. I know the Elite version comes with cruise control as standard, but I am not keen on having leather seats. I am happy to have a lesser model, but the depreciation from new on an Astra is huge so I don't want to buy a new model just to get this feature fitted; I am looking at something around a year old. I am also not that keen on the aftermarket cruise control systems - no real reason except I would like to have the controls not look like an after thought. Is it possible to retrofit (ie change the indicator stalk etc..) cruise control to this model of Astra? I have seen forums describe how to do this with the previous version, but not the current model. Plus, I am not that technically inclined, so would I be able to go and ask my local vauxhall dealer to fit it for me? Thank you in advance for any help!