YouTube - YouBerk ! - cheddar
125mph on the M23 in traffic, reckon the police will track him down.

tinyurl.com/ypopdr

Do you know what car it is?
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Imagos
Yep it's a Vauxhall Omega.

Suprised it didn't self destruct at that speed.

It's done over 100k too

Edited by Imagos {P} on 26/01/2008 at 09:18

YouTube - YouBerk ! - cheddar
I was thinking Vauxhall though wasnt sure, the way the speedo cuts into the rev counter.

A 3.0 Omega is good for 140 and there is no reason why a 125k mile cannot be in good order.

YouTube - YouBerk ! - henry k
Yep it's a Vauxhall Omega. It's done over 100k too

>>
I would guess it is a local car and there cannot be many Big Omegas around.
Assuming that the YouTube item was posted soon after the event and IF it has an MoT then that may be a source of data that would eliminate quite a few of those remaining Omegas. Maybe a collar will be felt in the near future.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - nick
How could they prove who was driving? Or indeed, do they have to do that?
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Imagos
Could be fake..

Speedometer footage done on a rolling road or a dodgey needle. The shot on the road was speeded up.

A decent brief would get you off.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Westpig
if the local police can do some simple enqs to find him, then no problem, he deserves it for driving like a fool ...and compounding it by posting it where loads of people inc law enforcement can see it

however,

if the enqs needed to be protracted, then i think it's a no-no....because there are plenty of other dangerous things going on, that the police that cover that area could be getting on with

Human Rights Act says 'proportionality' comes into it, so i'm twisting it to mean proportionate use of scarce resources rather than proportionate to the individual suspected of an offence
YouTube - YouBerk ! - slowdown avenue
would expect the local police to be pulling over any omegas in the local area being driven by young dudes and checking the mileometer,, if the think theve got their man they can find a reason to book him hopefully
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Hamsafar
I'd rather the Police caught people who had done things that bother people. It' not like he caused any problem. It is an old shape Omega, the newer ones had lighter grey dial backgrounds.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Altea Ego
That film is a load of pillox. Note how he doesn't close on other cars at "130" type speeds? - its obviously speeded up. The speedo shot is tacked on later, but looks like it was flmed while mobile (changes in reflection commensurate with movement) however could have been done under much safer circumstances.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Sofa Spud
Not quite as bad as the motorcyclist who filmed himself doing a wheelie while travelling at great speed, down the middle of the road, between opposing streams of traffic!
YouTube - YouBerk ! - injection doc
I agree, I thought at that speed the other cars would of been coming up in seconds & I don't think all the paseengers would of been larking that much at that speed.

about time they concentrated on the yob factor causing havoc down the high street & making many public places a no go area. Why do they rule now?, but those of us that may commit the most feeble of motoring offences gets hammered!
Doc
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Hamsafar
I think it looks exactly like 125 mph. A well-maintained Omega is sublime at this speed.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - martint123
The Ghost Rider DVD's set my pacemaker to maximum.
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AqIeNALC9rI
the man's a nutter and not long for this world....although near the end i did notice his indicators seemed to be flashing remarkably quickly on the instrument binnacle (as if the hazard lights were on and the footage was speeded up).

the local police may lack some imagination...he has to fill up with fuel at some point...and most garages have surveillance cameras...so even if the pulls in with no number plate he'd have to pay with cash every time for someone not to jot down his card details if the police asked them to

and have they no helicopters?
YouTube - YouBerk ! - paulb {P}
and have they no helicopters?

Oh, they do have one, yes - it's normally circling over a field about half a mile from where my parents live in Hove, said field being beloved of illegal motorcycle scrambling...

He'd be lucky to get away with that sort of speed down there - there are daily patrols, mostly unmarked.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - FotheringtonThomas
What is there to say that "he" was driving at 125MPH on the M25? A picture of a road. A picture of a speedo. reading. Ne'er the twain?
paul and FT,

I meant the motorcyclist.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - paulb {P}
I meant the motorcyclist.

Ah, sorry!

I *believe* that our friend the Ghost Rider (if indeed there is only one of them) operates without number plates, which may well serve to delay his or her capture to some extent.

The other thing that may work to his/her/their advantage is that due to the speeds involved most people will only recall a blur going past them at Warp 8 and will not be able to add detail.

Certainly most of the riding displayed would suggest living on borrowed time, I agree.

Edited by paulb {P} on 28/01/2008 at 12:57

YouTube - YouBerk ! - PW
Re Ghostrider, the related clips that came up when I clicked on the link showed him being arrested- and more than once, so guess identity is not that secret after all.
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Lud
I can't get this film - some computer glitch - but some time back there was a clip posted of someone in an Audi RS4 racing someone else - in an M3 or something - on a Czech motorway that looked spine-chillingly genuine. Not the sort of thing anyone could get away with indefinitely, but the speeds were mind-boggling given the traffic density.

Edited by Lud on 28/01/2008 at 15:34

YouTube - YouBerk ! - moonshine {P}

Looks like he may have been caught, story on the BBC today about a young lad getting caught after filming a 130mph drive in his Astra.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7219976.stm
YouTube - YouBerk ! - normd2
bet it was a white Astramax with ladders on the roof...
YouTube - YouBerk ! - Collos25
A pretty quick Astra .