Gatwick hotel and parking. - midlifecrisis
I need to book a hotel near to Gatwick airport for the end of August. I need a room for the night in preparation for an early flight and two weeks (very secure) parking at the same place. Ideally, a transfer to the airport should be included if necessary.

Any recommendations appreciated .
Gatwick hotel and parking. - daveyjp
It's a few years go but we booked a deal at the on airport Hilton.

Parking was provided at a secure car park off the road to East Grinstead.

I've found it on Multimap and its behind a Shell station on Copthorne Road A264, just after the junction with Snow Hill B2037.

tinyurl.com/2jw9un
Hilton is the obvious place, but a tad expensive.

Has anyone used the Russ Hill. I'm a little concerned at the old 'your car is taken to a secure compound'. I've got visions of it sitting on an industrial estate somewhere.
Gatwick hotel and parking. - BigDai
It's a while since I've been there but I have found the Ifield Court Hotel to be very good. It has the advantage of on-site parking so no risk of your pride & joy being raced round the area while you are off sunning yourself (Restaurant was very good too).
Gatwick hotel and parking. - Kevin
We've used the Effingham Park, Europa, Ramada Plaza, Worth, Sofitel and a couple of others I can't remember.

All the hotels we've used use external long term parking companies to actually store your car. Most of them use "Gatwick Summer Special". The hotel gives you a coupon and you have to take your car to the park and catch a shuttle bus back to the terminal. Summer Special parking is secure and patrolled 24hrs. The only problem I had there was a flat (brand new) battery once which they said happens frequently and blame on the nearby radar. They have a van equipped with booster kits to get you started.

The last few times we've stayed in the Sofitel because of the convenience. It's attached to the North terminal by a walkway so you just stroll into Departures straight from the hotel. They have 3 (iirc) restaurants including a Ken Hom chinese and a reasonable bar area. You park at the hotel and give them your keys when you checkin. They then get someone to collect your car and take it to a long term parking Co. called Maple Manor. When you return you call the contact number when you get through Customs and they deliver your car outside Arrivals opposite the Herz desk.

Kevin...
Gatwick hotel and parking. - Smileyman
I'm rather cost aware so avoid these glitzy hotels attached to the terminal etc.

If I need an early start I'll stay at the Travelodge (rooms from £19 at present) then it's a very short drive to the pre-booked long term car park. (and get my BAA points too)

At some car parks keys have to be handed in; I will select one where I park and lock the vehicle, and keep the keys with me - don't fancy someone else driving it.

If necessary, it is possible to drop passengers and suitcases at the terminal first, but that requires more time to get to the car park and back again in the free bus transfer.
Gatwick hotel and parking. - greenhey
If you are an EBayer, have a look at auctions for the Effingham Park(Copthorne) .We have used it several times and had overnight plus up to 15 days parking for about £75. There is a bus service , which is extra .
It's not a great hotel, but is practical.
Re Russ Hill, if you look on Trip Advisor you will find dozens of horrific reviews about the hotel and the treatment of your car , so I would suggest avoiding it
Gatwick hotel and parking. - helicopter
MLC - The Russ Hill is isolated in the country at Charlwood which is about three or four country miles from the airport terminal. It is a tyre marks on the roof hotel , ie right under the flightpath so do not expect a good nights sleep.

It does have a regular bus service from the hotel to the airport - I know this because I regularly meet the blasted thing on the narrow road where the hotel is situated.

I have visited the hotel a couple of times for dinner dance type occasions - its nothing special . I do not know where the cars are stored but it has a large car parking area.

Its virtue is that it is cheap.

The Copthorne is a couple of miles from my office and the airport and regularly used by visitors to my company . Although it is described as four star it is really three star at most again nothing special and the food is horrendously expensive.

My advice is to look on Trip Advisor website.

- I haven't got time at the moment to look but I think you will find that there is a husband and wife run B & B in Charlwood which is highly recommended by visitors, they look after your car on site and will deliver and collect .

Look also in Horley - literally dozens of guest houses within a spit of the airport which offer the same service.
Gatwick hotel and parking. - Zippy123
Last year I used the Holiday Inn at Gatwick one nights accomodtion for two adults, two children (large room with sofa bed) dinner, breakfast and 2 weeks parking for about £200
Gatwick hotel and parking. - legacylad
Several years ago we used the Ifield Court on numerous occasions when going long haul. I would recommend it although it may have changed in the intervening years. We would work late in N Yorks then drive south at 10pm avoiding congestion on the MI/M25 before flying out early am.
The road journey back up north was a pig after an overnight flight, so no longer fly out of London airports!
Gatwick hotel and parking. - helicopter
MLC - Try this place....

tinyurl.com/3dqgz7

I do not know about parking they have on site but they are very well recommended ( No. 1 )on Trip Advisor for B & B and they are a couple of minutes walk from Ye Olde Six bells which is the best pub by far in Horley
Gatwick hotel and parking. - drbe
Or try this site

www.airport-hotel-shop.co.uk
Gatwick hotel and parking. - Chad.R
I'll second the Holiday Inn - paid around £150 for 1 nights stay (Family room) and 2 weeks parking about a year ago. They have a shuttle service to the airport, I think every 30 min off peak and 15 min peak times. (The airport is only 5 min away).
Thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated.

Looking at the figures, the Hilton can be had for £189 plus 15 days parking. I could probably save about £50 elsewhere, but I'm very fussy about my car, so will probably go there. Still open to suggestions though.
Gatwick hotel and parking. - mynameistrevor
Well you could do an internet search

But also think about meet and greet -- gatwickmeetandgreet.org (or net or whatever) - and there are others

its about the same cost if not less than for room and parking for a fortnight and you can drive up to to the departures (next to the car hire offices) and hand your keys to a rep. They will meet you on the way back.

Trevor
Gatwick hotel and parking. - drbe
MLC

Where is home - roughly?

I am thinking it might be cheaper to use a friendly local airport car service (cough).