1997 1.5D Problems - Part 2 - Styrman
Folks as some of you maybe aware I have been having problems with my Saxo Diesel running rough and smoking when cold even thou it fires first time. The full thread can be found here www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=57...3

This has become a monster of a thread with loads of help being offered and followed checking lots of things. It has also become a bit stale, which I can understand as the issue has dragged on and on, and I bet most people are fed up with it by now, I know i am ..lol!

However I am after that last piece of advice, so thought asking for it in a new thread would be easier all round and enable me to get a quicker reply.

I took the egr valve off for a clean as it was choked up with oily gunk! I ran the engine when this was off, don't ask me why but i did..lol I noticed that the white smoke was every so often and not all the time like that out of the exhaust.

So I am guessing that the white smoke being generated is a single cyclinder issue rather than a whole engine problem. It also seems to increase when the engine reved

The six million dollar question now is what are the possible causes of this? Could it be an injector opening to early before the right pressure is reached or is it a sign of the fuel pump on the way out?

Many thanks in advance for you help and patience.

Styrman

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/01/2008 at 01:22