Merc PX value - Marc
You may have read my recent thread where I asked about the virtues of the Vectra and Pug 406 and I went and picked a Mondeo instead! Well, my next question is this : did I get a fair price for my trade in?

Merc 190E 1.8 manual in signal red 1990 on an H with 121k BUT with a fully stamped up service book, 12 months MOT and all receipts/MOTs from new as well as good Pirellis, recent exhaust and radiator. Believe me also when I tell you the car was absolutely mint inside and out. Price obtained against the Mondeo - £1500

Do the backroomers reckon this a fair price?
Merc PX value - jud
I would have valued it at £1000, but that's only the value i would put on it, why go from a merc to a ford?, surly a old merc is preferred to a new ford.
Merc PX value - M.M
Marc,

By the book values you did OK, the dealers are never going to go tops on any 12yr old 100K plus car.

However if your car was really mint and looked good in that strong red I guess you would have done quite well on a private sale.

Just last year I brokered the sale of a near identical car at £3K+.

Any chance of a mini-comparison road test on this trade up from a well regarded old quality car to a family motor? Ride, performance, handling, practicality etc. If you had a few minutes it would make an interesting new thread.

David W [Moderator]
----------------------------
mailto:david_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk