leak in passenger footwell - scfc_151
for a while now my partners car has been quite damp in the passenger footwell. Obviously this has become worse this winter. We have dried it out as best we can and then got the hose pipe out but cant find where it is coming from. It seems to be wet under the bulk head towards the left hand side

We were wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Is it possible that a seal around the windscreen may be leaking and running into the footwell as we are planning on replacing the screen in the next few weeks

cheers
leak in passenger footwell - piston power
Does the car use any coolant? heater matrix leaking or these polon filters seem to be a bind if not fit correctley can leak, other than head under dash with carpet pulled back and hose pipe over that area that may find your leak?.. good luck
leak in passenger footwell - Bill Payer
Can't remember the set up in 106 (we had one many years ago) but a typical thing that happens in many cars is that water comes in through the heater air intake on the scuttle (in front of the windscreen) and then runs into the car through the heater if the scuttle drains get blocked.
leak in passenger footwell - ChicksFan
Had this on a 205 ages ago.
Pretty sure I solved it by removing the air intake grill that the wiper spindles come through. Gives you access to the drain holes which can become clogged with leaves and other debris.
If it's not that, check you're not losing coolant as heater matrix could be leaking.

1995 C280 Elegance (for comfort)
1995 Corsa Swing (for daily commute)
2005 206CC Allure (for fun)
hi thanks for the replies

The water does seem fresh and clean like its rain water (i.e not dirty road water or containing any coolant)

However it has promted me to check the coolant level. The coolant I topped it up with last month is 5 year stuff thats almost illuminous pink so im assuming it would show up

More investigating required i think
leak in passenger footwell - ChicksFan
If the water is clean and fresh it is unlikely to be coolant.
One other thought, if the drain holes at each end of the bulkhead are not blocked with leaves etc., and water flows through them OK, does the car have a factory fitted sunroof? There are drain holes normally towards the front of the sunroof recess which drain through tubes through the A pillar if I remember correctly. If one of those were to leak it could be a source of water into a front footwell.
leak in passenger footwell - thomp1983
peugeots are also known for the door seals leaking, especially if the door card has been off and the weather seal not replaced. this can be checked by opening the door and squeezing the seal at the bottom of the door and look if water comes out of the little drain holes in them. if it does then you can make extra holes in the door side of the seal so it channels out more water

chris
good suggestions!

yeah it has a sunroof, that was my 1st thought but i didnt know where the drain holes were ill be checking tomorrow

thanks