1997 - Heater-blower - Chris S
Only one of the heater-blower speeds on my Nissan Micra is working.

According to the manual wiring diagram there are 'heater-blower resistors'. Is it likely that these need replacing or is it more probable to be just the switch?

Thanks.

{Year of car picked up from a previous post of yours. Hope correct? DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/01/2008 at 10:22

Heater-blower - Dynamic Dave
If it's only working on the fastest speed, then yes, generally it's the resistor pack at fault and needs replacing.
Heater-blower - Chris S
Thanks - the blower is only working on the fastest speed.

A google search for "resistor pack"+micra has told me how to change the resistor pack. Apparently it's a failry common problem on Micra's.
Heater-blower - Railroad.
It is the resistor pack, and you'll find it under the dash by the passenger footwell. They are a common failure and you can get one from a Nissan dealer for about £30. Be careful about buying second hand as many breakers will charge you as more for an old one as a new one........
Heater-blower - mfarrow
Yes it's not worth going second hand - our breakers would only sell us a complete fan motor unit at the same cost as a new res. pack.
Heater-blower - McP
The resistor cards can be fixed quite easily.

There is a solder 'blob' on the resistor card that acts as a fuse.
I presume due to damp, it corrodes and loses connection.

Scratch either side of the blob to expose clean copper.
Solder both sides then keep adding solder until the 2 sides are joined.
Heater-blower - greg-the-grey
On our resistor card some of the trackwork had burned away as well, so I have repaired it by soldering in a 5Amp fuse wire taken from a normal glass fuse I broke open.
Heater-blower - pksynuneaton

Thanks just repaired one on the wifes Micra using your method took 20 minutes from start to finish works a treat.regards pksynuneaton