Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - corblimeyguvnar
Ebay item 150202935930, GM engine oil, 'can be used in Diesel and Petrol vehicles'.
Is it me or is this incorrect.

Cheers
CBG
Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - drivewell
Certainly know that the Ford Formula E 5w-30 oil that goes in my Mondeo TDCi is not a specific diesel oil. Assume the same is true of the GM.
Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - corblimeyguvnar
Looks like I was wrong then, Thanks for the answer.
CBG
Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - Paul I
Yes there are quite a few oils which are Petrol and Diesel. I know of one dealership for years who put Mobil 1 for Diesel in Petrol cars without issue. The reason was they could only store the large drums in one size.

A lot of oil is down to marketing..... accepted the likes of Fuchs, Mobil etc make some fine oils but I know one Honda with 100K on the clock used 50% of road and the rest on farm tracks etc and its oils is £12 for 5 litres. (Texaco Havoline 5-40W for Morrisons petrol stations)

At the end of the day is is unjustified to expect an oil at £12 plus per Litre!! to be 500% better than one at £2.50 a litre.
Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - Hamsafar
Yes, you can get 4 x 5 litres of these semi-synthetic from the Vauxhall dealer for £27. £42 to the fully synthetic. Less than these for mineral. It is made in Belgium. Supplied by Delphi/GM. Castrol Syntec is made in Belgium, maybe it is the same stuff? There can't be that many oil manufacturers in Belgium.
Oil off Ebay, for Diesel and Petrol, is this right - Dynamic Dave
www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/owners/engineoils.do

Same 10w/40 semi synth listed there for petrols & diesels.