Central locking fault - Paul B
Hello,my name is Paul,i'm the owner of a Mk3 golf with a central locking problem.Every time i attempt to lock the car from the drivers door,it locks then unlocks itself. The only way to secure the car is to lock it whilst sat inside, then climb out of the front passenger door.

Is this a common fault and does anyone knows anything about, it's driving me bonkers.
This is the first time i've had this type of problem on the VW central locking, they have always been reliable in the past.

regards,

Paul

Central locking fault - Screwloose
Paul

The problem is that the "lock now" signal isn't getting to - or being acted upon by - the passenger's doorlock. As that stays in the unlocked position, it then sends out an "unlock" counter signal and everything obeys.

As the centre switch works everything normally; then the problem would appear to be that the lock signal from the driver's door isn't reaching the system.

Check the wires inside the rubber tube between the driver's door and the post - you'll likely find some broken.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 03/01/2008 at 15:42

Central locking fault - Paul B
Thanksalot for posting a reply so quickly, i'll look into that idea it sound
promising.

regards

Paul.
Central locking fault - rtj70
I had problems on my Mk III Golf back in 1999. It needed a new passenger side lock from new. When you locked using the "lock switch" inside the button went down but if you pulled the door handle from the outside it would still open.

Also if you only locked but not deadlocked the car the door could also still be opened. When deadlocked the door bolt was pulled down and was locked.

Very similar then happened on my Passat in 2000. I think it was a common fault. Does this sound like what's happening to yours?