What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - Dr_Duffy
After a lengthy tussle with Ford and the intervention of my solicitor, I collected my 2006 Mondeo estate from the dealer just before Christmas. Its had about £2000 worth of repairs and now seems to run alright (for the moment). I have lost confidence in the car though, it has been the most unreliable and troublesome car that I have ever owned. We have decided to p/x for a different car, one with a petrol engine. Can anyone make suggestions as to how to take this forward?
a/. Suitable large petrol estate car for 12,000 miles pa; reliability is very important.
b/. Cheapest place to buy new (other than a main dealer of course)
c/. Likely p/x value of my Mondeo.

Thankyou.
What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - Nsar
Legacy Sports Tourer. Ultra reliable
Buy a nearly new and enjoy big savings
No idea on p/x of your Mondeo, sorry
What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - nick
Beat me to it, Nsar.
What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - boxsterboy
An idea of budget would be helpful! Are you going to be adding to the p/x value of the Mondeo?
I could probably add £4-5k to what I can get for the Mondeo.
What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - midlifecrisis
We're on a role. Legacy was the first thing that came into my head as well.

Failing that, the 2.2 direct petrol engine in the Vectra is a reliable unit, the estate is massive and I never had a single issue with mine. (And a nearly new one will be cheap as well)

Edited by midlifecrisis on 03/01/2008 at 12:19

Legacy mentioned a lot here, but you don't see many out on the road, do you.
What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - oldtoffee
>>Legacy mentioned a lot here, but you don't see many out on the road, do you.

You're right and that's one reason that was quite high up my list when choosing. I do notice more of them now I'm driving one and that Subaru owners are a bit less fussy than others about keeping their motors ultra clean (suits me!).

What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - nick
How about this?
tinyurl.com/ytslth
Don't test drive a Spec B unless you are happy with the fuel costs, because you'll want one.
Dealers are the best place to buy, don't worry too much about the screen price, they will deal.

Edited by nick on 03/01/2008 at 13:50

What to replace 2006 Mondeo TDCI estate with? - legacylad
erm...apologies for sounding boring but how about a Legacy estate?. I had 3 in successsion and prior to that an Impreza 5 door. I am now going through a bangernomics period of my life, spending a max of £1k on my cars (this enables me to work as little as possible and spend 3 months of the year backpacking and skiing in California whilst I have my health and the opportunity). When I have to rejoin reality I shall buy another and may splash out £5k on a 2.5 Outback.
Unless you get a stinker, which to date I have avoided, you won't regret it.