Rover Sterling 827 - johncyprus
Can anybody give advice why my heater of my 1993 Rover 827 Sterling (V6 Honda engine) does not emit hot air. One day, the hot air failed to work, cold air OK. Engine gets to normal working temp. We flushed out the inlet/outlet pipes leading to the heater matrix and the matrix itself - all clear and unobstructed - still no hot air. The fan and control panel are OK. The inlet/outlet hoses do not get hot and it appears that the hot water is not reaching the heater. Anybody got any ideas what to do next? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Rover Sterling 827 - David Davies
I expect you have checked for correct coolant level already and it is O.K.I would try flushing out the rest of the cooling system,filling with correct mix of anti-freeze and ensuring that you have bled all air out of the system using the provided bleed valve on the thermostat housing. If still no heat then renew thermostat.If this doesn't help then suggest remove and inspect water pump for broken or corroded vanes.HTH
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)
Rover Sterling 827 - Mark (RLBS)
I assume that the switch within the car which alters the temperature of the air operates a valve somewhere which restricts the entry of hot water into the heating system.

If so, probably worth trying to find it and check that its operating.
Rover Sterling 827 - David Lacey
Suggest you check the hot water divertor valve on the bulkhead, John. It is a brass tower 'thingy' and has 3 or 4 16mm hose connections to it. Also a small vacuum hose connected to the top of it

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org