2002 1.6 16v Fidji - Loss of power - michaeljoe
My scenic (52plate) all of a sudden began to lose power. This happened in every gear but was only happening when the revs were low. It felt like an engine coil had gone (had that bother before) so I called out the AA. He plugged in his computer but no faults came up. He also said if it were a coil it would happen all of the time and not just when revs are low.
I had it to the dealer who for a few reasons (did service first rather than fix problem)never got round to looking at this problem and as I needed my car over xmas holidays I had to take it back before they looked at the problem (for them to fix it they would have had it in over xmas). Since then it has worsened. When idling the engine is shaking and the lose of power happens all of the time.
The engine managment light came on flashing but now has gone off and no warning lights are coming on now.

I am pretty poor with cars so any help would be great. I will be booking car back in with dealers first thing tomorrow but would love to have an incline to what the problem may be before they shock me with an expensive solution.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Edited by Webmaster on 28/12/2007 at 11:29

52 Loss of power - Pugugly {P}
An the engine is a .....?
52 Loss of power - michaeljoe
helpfull!!

More helpful when you post the engine size. You'll get a better service. There is a clue in the not so small print at the top of the page.

PU - Moderator.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 26/12/2007 at 21:30

52 Loss of power - Altea Ego
MJ

he was enquiring what engine type you had in your scenic - it aids those who offer advice.

1.6 / 2.0 petrol? as you mention coils we assume its not a 1.5 or 1.9dCi.
------
And I dream Im on vacation - cos I like the way that sounds -
52 Loss of power - michaeljoe
Sorry - me bad.
Renault Scenic 1.6 16v Fidji (52) (added)

The problem has now been fixed by the dealer. Coils were at fault. All 4 coils changed at £251 - 1/2 hour job!
Also advised to change timing belt (48000 miles) at £483
And hissing noise from brake peddle is Servo problem, to fix £343

Merry Xmas me!

Thanks.

Edited by Webmaster on 28/12/2007 at 11:30

52 Loss of power - ChicksFan
And a Happy New Year to your dealer by the sound of it!

Ron