01 2.2d black smoke on tickover cant get full revs - ewes
renault master 2.2d 51 reg starts well no heat needed will only rev to 3500 had new injectors air flow valve egr valve cleaned no lights on dash got a diesel knock main dealers computor cant get any readings at all any ideas what i can tryit seams heavy on fuel but i dont know if it is poss to adjust common rail systems thanks paul

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 21/12/2007 at 23:23

black smokes on tick over cant get full revs - Screwloose
Paul

The soot trap in the exhaust is blocked. They're mega-bucks to replace and soon clog again; so, with this engine, I normally just smash-up the brick inside the housing with a long bar and leave it empty.
black smokes on tick over cant get full revs - topbloke
i think he means the diesel particulate filter !!!!!
black smokes on tick over cant get full revs - Screwloose
topbloke

I didn't want to give it airs and graces. If it isn't ECU controlled and doesn't regenerate like a proper DPF; then it's just there to trap soot [OK; if you must "diesel particulates"] and thus it's a waste of space in my book.

A customer of mine has a fleet of these Movano "things" bought cheap as a job lot; virtually every one has blocked it's "cat" and had them gutted over the years. [They then go a lot better and use much less juice.]
01 2.2d black smoke on tickover cant get full revs - injection doc
worth checking the air intake, I had one that had been in an accident and the air duct was damaged & prevented suffiecent air going in, made a lot of black smoke & no revs or power.
Some of the renault 2.2 engines used to suffer with wearing the camshaft lobes out completley resulting in the same. No noise from tappets to suggest a problem as they were hydraulic
Doc