2002 1.2 petrol - car not starting - crissy
hi, my seat ibiza was working perfectly, but now wont start. had a diagnostics done which says all is well, the engine is turning over, but is'nt starting. hope someone can help.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/12/2007 at 12:40

car not starting - Dynamic Dave
Petrol?
Diesel?
Age of car?

All helps to make the question less vague.
car not starting - crissy
sorry, it's 2002 1.2 petrol {Added, thanks.}

repeat question deleted

car not starting - Screwloose
crissy

Wasn't much of a diagnostic if they can't even say why it wasn't starting? What has been tested or tried so far and by whom?

What happened? Did it cut out driving or just not start? Had you just refuelled?

What have you got? Sparks from the coilpacks? Fuel being injected?

Above all; has anyone checked that the chain hasn't jumped or the compression pressures?
screwloose

i had used the car that day, then went to use it a couple of hours later and it would'nt start, the last time i refuelled was two weeks earlier. my brother who i a mechanic came and checked what he coul that night with no joy. i had a diagnostic done which said all was ok!

the car is now in the garage, they have checked everything they can think of, now they're waiting for a vw mechanic to do a more detailed diagnosic on an advanced computer. it's got everyone scratching their heads!

the only other thing left, is the edu? i think that's what it's called.
car not starting - bimmer-driver
Very common for these VAG 1.2 engines to either snap timing chains or to jump a few teeth. That'd be my next port of call.

Currently driving: 2007 SEAT Ibiza TDi