toyota stereo - crazed
hi,

on an old model corolla gs (y reg) without the optional cd player that would have been fitted next to the cassette player if it had been fitted new...

im thinking of getting one of the original fit CD players from a scrapped example...

does anyone know if it will be a straight fit ? or will some kind of coding be involved ?

if I slide it in and plug it in will it work ? or do I need the original cars code ?

Cheers etc
toyota stereo - Rob E
Hi,

You might have difficulty getting this part as scrap, - not that many of this model (esp latter facelift ones) have filtered down to the breakers' yet.

It's likely that it won't be just a simple job of slotting it in, as I'm sure there will be some coding required (but don't quote me on that - I'm not an electrical expert.

Finally ask yourself i you really want a scrap CD player in your nice new Corolla. Toyota could easily put you one in, with no hassle, at reasonable cost!!

Cheers
Rob E
toyota stereo - Andy P
Unless it's a unique-fit radio you have, then any DIN-E unit should fit. Then it's just a matter of finding a wiring adapter/diagram to connect it.

If you do find an old Toyota unit and it is coded, you'll need the code for the player, not the car.

Andy