Fuels which may save costs on motorists - Gaj9
ive heard that diesel cars can be run on sunflower oil etc. i don't know whether it is true but if it is i will have a go too. also 4x4s have been known to run on pretty much anything if anyone knows or has an opinion please be sure to post a message.
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - pendulum
There is a lot of this recently isn't there? I guess it is to do with the ever rising fuel prices.

What vehicle have you got, what year of manufacture, and do you know the make of fuel injection pump fitted?
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - adverse camber
I hear the moon is made of cheese.

I don't know if its true but I like crackers.

Unlessyou have an ancient diesel, then the answer is no. Especially not in winter.
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - Collos25
Not correct pump bio diesel has all the anti waxing inhibitors and according to VAG in Germany can be used in all their cars,please note pump bio diesel bought at a service station not Makro.
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - Group B
4x4s have been known to run on pretty much anything

Most modern diesel 4x4s have common rail engines same as modern cars do so v. risky to run on vegetable oil.
Older diesels - all depends on what engine it is and what injection pump, some okay some bad. But veg oil thickens in UK winter temperatures and cars dont run on solid fuel, you need to heat it before it goes in the engine.

See here: snipurl.com/1vjal
Then see: snipurl.com/1vjd7

Do not confuse vegetable oil with biodiesel, they are not the same thing. Veg oil has to be chemically processed to make biodiesel.

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 19/12/2007 at 15:08

Fuels which may save costs on motorists - Collos25
And only makes up 3% the content other 97% is normal diesel.
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - oilrag
gjimmy,
Are you considering using sunflower oil in the Toyota Landcruiser that you are looking at in your other current threads?
Fuels which may save costs on motorists - Billy Whizz
gjimmy, (a belated) welcome to the Backroom! It's a great place. The BackRoomers are pretty on the ball when it comes to many and varied motoring issues. I thoroughly recommend using the Forum Search which may reveal useful answers to your questions.