How to avoid getting your car towed away - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/ypjjzr

Apparently Glasgow City Council's removal lorries can only lift "normal" cars and this businessman, so far, has got round the ruling albeit he is paying parking tickets.

Wonder why they don't introduce clamping for such vehicles? OK the fine won't put him off but the inconvenience might!

[Incidentally, I mentioned this reg in an Unusual Sightings post a while back, I had seen it on a Ferrari, then a McLaren and now the Phantom]
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
How to avoid getting your car towed away - normd2
I had thought the way round being lifted was to park with your rear wheel tyre up against the kerb and the front wheels on full lock or is this an urban myth?
Norm, certainly outside my work I think that would work - the kerbs are very high though what damage you would do to alloys in the process would also concern me!
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
which is why I said 'tyre' and not 'wheel' - having 215/65 tyres the kerb has to be pretty big to get near my wheels.
How to avoid getting your car towed away - Carse
I am assuming the wheel clamps would not be big enough either to get around these massive wheels.

Carse
How to avoid getting your car towed away - Davesmith1000

Interesting!! xxxx provides towing service in Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon and Orangeville.

Edited by Avant on 21/10/2019 at 09:20

How to avoid getting your car towed away - FP

Why would people in the UK have the slightest interest in your spam? Or do you not have the minimal knowledge necessary to know you were placing your spam in the wrong country?

How to avoid getting your car towed away - John R @ home {P}
If I remember correctly, clamping either on public roads or private land is not legal in Scotland.

Regards,

John R @ Home
How to avoid getting your car towed away - Cliff Pope
Even the biggest tow-trucks must break down sometimes. How do they get recovered?
have a look here (at lunch-time of course) - everything's bigger in the States

www.abrams.ca/services.php?pageID=Recovery
How to avoid getting your car towed away - Falkirk Bairn
Police can clamp in Scotland

3rd party contractors on private land cannot
How to avoid getting your car towed away - XantKing
I read this yesterday, seemed a bit much when the Buchanan Galleries shopping centre car park is only a five minute walk from that street he parks in and would cost him half the price of a parking ticket to park there all day.

The only clamps I ever see in Scotland now are DVLA clamps for lapsed VED.

As I recall, the story said that the council (who took over parking after decriminalisation some years ago) were going to buy bigger tow trucks anyways. In which case, I guess he could get himself something like a Citroen C5 or C6 that can be left in its lowered setting, thus rendering it both unliftable and untowable...

Not sure if it was in that article but he was quoted as saying that he couldn't get in the Buchanan Galleries due to the length of the vehicle which, IIRC, may well be very true!
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
How to avoid getting your car towed away - XantKing
He does say that, yes, but Buchanan Galleries is a big, fairly generous (space-wise) modern multi-storey which is less than ten years old (which is probably why they want to demolish it to extend the shops, but that's another matter altogether!).

Anyways, there are plenty of luxury cars that *would* fit in there - whether you'd want to leave anything in there that you'd mind getting dented is another matter, but then again, there's probably less chance of it getting dented there as there is in the street he parks in, opposite a lorry loading bay!

But don't get me wrong, Glasgow City Council are becoming increasingly po-faced, moralistic, nannyish and humourless in their day-to-day operations, I'm quite amused by this chap's elephantine efforts to goad them!
How to avoid getting your car towed away - movilogo
Glasgow City Council are becoming increasingly po-faced, moralistic, nannyish and humourless in their day-to-day operations

Would be interesting to know which councils are not like that :)
How to avoid getting your car towed away - motorprop
good point - they are all money grabbing shysters . But you all vote for them !