2002 1.9 Diesel - smoke and clatter - Flex
Hi, I've got 2002 1.9D, which is strange because I thought they'd stop making them 18 months earlier. Anyway, this car is the worst conditioned 5 year old car I have ever seen. I have no service history or anything and when I start it in the mornings I get a load of blue smoke accompanied by 5 seconds of clatter. It's calmed down slightly since I have had it, and I am getting the oil and filter changed tommorow. The car starts and runs fine (although the idle speed is a little high) It's only done 58000, but I lot of may have been with a faulty timing control solenoid. When I bought the car it sounded like it was about to blow up, but at high revs it quietend down, hence I guesses it was a timing issue.

Any ideas on the smoke and clatter? Or is it a diesel thing?

Edited by Webmaster on 14/12/2007 at 17:39

206 1.9 Diesel - Screwloose
it's only done 58000

this car is the worst conditioned 5 year old car I
have ever seen. I have no service history or anything

How do you know that it hasn't done many times that mileage? [They made the WJY engined version up until '04 - apparently.]

The glow plug system would be worth testing. Particularly the coolant temp sensor.
206 1.9 Diesel - Flex
this car is the worst conditioned 5 year old car I
have ever seen. I have no service history or anything

How do you know that it hasn't done many times that mileage? [They made the WJY engined version up until '04 - apparently.]

You can tell, wear on the steering wheel, pedals etc.

What I meant was... I think and previous owner (and his dog) lived in it, the seats are black, there are ciggarette burns etc...

Anyway.. I'll look into the glow plug system, thankyou!