01 2.0 litre petrol, electric and engine faliures. - Plynch
Driving today suddenly the Speedo,Tacho, Heat gauage went to 0 and then things like indicators were not responding unto we hit a bump and it sprung back to life for a second.

Any idea were to start here

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 09/12/2007 at 23:10

Eletrical Prob - marty1979
I would think that either the connector on the back of the instrument panel has come loose, or you have a dry joint or bad connection in the same area. Have a look at the back of the instrument cluster, it might just be a loose plug there or not too far away.

Edited by marty1979 on 09/12/2007 at 20:02

Eletrical Prob - Plynch
It easy to get behind never pulled a 406 to bits before heh im guessing im going to have to take steer wheel off. airbag out etc etc?
Eletrical Prob - Plynch
Also randomly the engine would cut out while im going down the road
Eletrical Prob - elekie&a/c doctor
I don't think pulling the instrument pod out is going to help here ,especially as you say that indicators stopped working also.I would suggest start looking in the fuse/relay box area and ignition switch connectors first.hth
Eletrical Prob - Plynch
What can should i look out for except obvious corrusion heh, Its been to a garage etc and they said they "cant find a problem while it has been with them"

Best laugh is i have to go Milton Kynes on friday:/
Eletrical Prob - Screwloose
Plynch

So the engine cuts too? Let's have the full story with year and engine details too.
Eletrical Prob - Plynch
2001 2ltr

You can be driving around and the engine will cute on you at random.
Some bumps cause the information section to flash on and off then it goes back to normal
Today we had the dash just suddenly die and hitting any form of road bump caused it to come back on for a breif second
Eletrical Prob - Pugugly {P}
petrol or diesel
Eletrical Prob - Plynch
Petrol
Eletrical Prob - Plynch
Found the problem the Cd Changer is swimming with water came in through the light cluster
Eletrical Prob - Screwloose
Plynch

Years since I've seen one do that. I'd clean forgotten that they could even do it.