T reg - leaking roof - billy25
Been having a problem lately with friends "T" reg Saxo, - both front seats soaked one night after heavy rain, so sealed around front and rear screens and under roof mounted ariel with silicone sealant. After a couple of days i tested with judicious use of power-washer and all seems ok, got a phone-call this morning, seats soaked again, interior light full of water!. Car has only been stood overnight in the drive, and hasn't got a sunroof, so am baffled now! anybody any ideas please?

Billy

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/12/2007 at 18:19

leaking roof - Saltrampen
Putting sealant around the glass & aeriel while in place is a hopeful method.
Must be top of front screen or aeriel or possibly hatch hinges, if parked on a slope.
If coming in from the top, the roof lining must be soaking as well around the light?
Sit in car when it is raining and observe, but you may have to strip the roof lining off and rebond the windscreen completely. If the metal frame the windscreen sits in has been damaged or bent, rebonding may not last long.
Did you remove the aerial or just bond around it?

leaking roof - billy25
Thanks for the repy! - will have a bit of a look tonight when she gets home from work, but it may have to wait till Saturday. Regarding your pointers, yes, the drive is on a slope and the car is usually parked facing uphill, i did run a bead of silicone all around the front and rear screens, athough i feel almost sure that its a front orientated leak, as the back seat is dry. Regards the ariel, as the securing nut appears to be hiding under the headlining, i admit that i did just gently raise the rubber? seating ring off the bodywork and squirt the sealant under, gave it a decent smear around the join though!. will see if i missed anything or if the power washer blasted my silicone off.

Billy
T reg - leaking roof - Carl2
The aerial is a known problem on these cars . If you pull out the interior light you can unbolt the aerial easily then put a decent amount of sealer under it.
T reg - leaking roof - Carl2
Hope you haven,t wrecked your interior light. Should have said plate infront of the interior light.
T reg - leaking roof - billy25
Thanks all,
Ariel it was! my first attempt was a complete failure ;-)

did job properly second time and even replaced her interior light bulb which apparently had blown about 2 months earlier, probably due to operating under water, anyway seats now dry, so is her backside! so mega-brownie points (and chrimbo-pressie! ) in my direction is forthcoming.

cheers
Billy