Peugeot 206 SW trim quality (+C3 trim) - David M
Had the chance to inspect a 206 SW at rest in a Peugeot main dealer showroom while waiting for courtesy transport home the other morning.

I don't like to knock PSA products as I think they are, in general, practical, nice to drive and excellent value for money.
However, the brand-new example I was looking at had about 6" of carpet edge detached from under the driver's door trim. What's more, there was no sign that I could see of any way to dismantle the plastic door trim to panel to pop it back in place. Annoying, not serious, but not what I'd expect from a brand-new car. Otherwise the rest of the car looked excellent if you've got the money to burn on a new purchase, especially as it had the extra rear child seats fitted (forward-facing, definitely child-size only, but 7-seat capable nonetheless).

Later the same day, annoying the local Citroen dealership by paying £0.62 cash for a pair of sump washers, I looked at the new C3s in similar circumstances. Despite the muttering rotters' zeal in trashing their trim, and the similarity of some items to the 206 SW (front seats), there were no such trim problems evident, though the rear-seat legroom is scarcely better than the extra rear seats on the 206SW. C3 for the young family, 206SW for the extended family, perhaps?

David M

You know Citroens make sense in an up-and-down world......
Peugeot 206 SW trim quality (+C3 trim) - Monaro
18 months ago when getting a new car I looked around at some cars, and had a look at a Pug 206. First time I had really looked at Peugeots and the last when in the showroom, after an aggressive salesman had put the wind up me, the glove box fell off in my hand in the demonstrator. I didn't hang along to long after that although a 406 coupe I was in recently seemed alot better but was twice the price.

Paul C
Paul C
Peugeot 206 SW trim quality (+C3 trim) - Dizzy {P}
I spent an afternoon on a guided tour of the Peugeot 206 factory at Ryton a couple of years ago and was quite impressed with the attention paid to build quality. However it was clear that everything was kept to as low a cost as possible and I think this must affect build reliability to an extent.

A batch of 400 Roland Garros editions, complete with the see-through roof, was being built whilst I was there and I thought they were great. Overall, I came away with a greater respect for Peugeot than before the tour but I expect that is why I was invited!
Peugeot 206 SW trim quality (+C3 trim) - David M
OK - guess I must be wrong - but shows that a "corporate look" can go a bit far - 206 and 307 seem very similar, and also similar in size in a way the 106 and 306 weren't. My intention wasn't to do the dirty on Peugeot, more to express my surprise that the dealer hadn't sorted this out - if I were selling + had faulty stock out there I'd sort it out damned quick (speaking as a former retailer).

David M

You know Citroens make sense in an up-and-down world......