1995 XRD - Central Locking problem pls help. - tractormandavid
well here it is.
As from friday my cars been playing up, when i go to lock it with the remote the courtesy lights flicker and doesnt lock, when i go to lock the car via the door it still wont lock all doors, just locks the drivers side. Also now because of this problem my cars dash is like a disco every now and then when i brake :S. any ideas please?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/12/2007 at 12:39

Central Locking problem pls help. - Screwloose

You don't even give the year; but on some years, there's a dash earth point hidden right up under the rear parcel tray support on the N/S. [Yes; really!]

They come loose. To check it means releasing the whole pillar liner to make a gap.
Central Locking problem pls help. - tractormandavid
sorry forgot all about the year. Its a 306XRD 1995 {Now added - DD}. Ill check that dash earth point in a second

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/12/2007 at 12:40

ok well checked that point u told me about and all conections are fine :(

There are other earth points on the sills both sides near the seatbelt reels. Some just in front; some just behind - some both!
ok thanks, ill try this again. Will this hopefuly fix the locking problem too?

With multiple faults, the best way to proceed is always to identify one circuit and work on that alone, otherwise it gets too confusing. Brake lights backfeeding the dash suggests a shared earth - unless you've been swapping bulbs....

Often finding the problem on one sorts the others too - but these are French connexions.....
Central Locking problem pls help. - Chambo
When this happened to my Peugeot I had to remove the sensor (near the interior light). It was very damp inside and I notice some corrosion. Water had been getting in through the aerial. I wiped it with cloth, a couple of rubs of sandpaper and a spray of dw 40 and it was good as new.
thanks mate, just took mine out now and had a look, sunroofs been leaking and noticed some corosion on the sensor, just aswell i have a spare one i bought off ebay a while ago. gonna fit it later and hopefuly will solve it :P. Thanks for help.
@ chambo.

ive replaced this center piece for the spare new one i bought a while ago and still hasnt fixed it. But i have noticed something else. when im inside the car pressing the key fob it makes a sort of clicking noise in the boot and the lights like i said the flicker.

The central locking control module is in the back - everything points to a bad earth in that rear earth bolt. Brake lights, c/locking, dash.

Time to test it with a bulb-type test lamp; or check the loom for damage.
that earth bolt that you told me to check earlier behing n/s back seat behind lineing?
If i take it out and clean it up might do some good if not ill resort to the damn dealers. Thanks for all help, much apreciated.
David

You can't always see a bad earth; it needs carefully testing for. Start with the earth from the brake light - maybe only one side is affected - and work it down.

The dealers like new, clean, cars and will not want to sully their hands on one of these. They'll charge the earth; so ask the nearest trailer place who does their electrics and go to him.