Silver van man? - frazerjp
This week I've noticed some plain SILVER vans driving around, could this be the new white van man wanting max re-sale prices or larger companies wanting the same too?
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Silver van man? - wazza
Few months i was having work done to the house. A builder turned up in a silver Ford transit. I asked him why did he go for silver because i thought white van will be easier to sell on etc. His reply is that the insurance is cheaper if the van is not white. Apparently white van gets stolen frequently and hard to trace.
Silver van man? - Vansboy
The metalic option is available on quite a few models these days.

Mostly aimed at the small business/owner driver, with other upgrades in spec, to the vehicle.

As mentioned, it's not limited to small vans - the Astra Sportiv HAS to be metalic (one of the most desirable car derived vans & overpriced new or used).

Unfortunatly, the initail add on cost of this paintwork option, has a negative effect on resale values, on vehicles with poorly maintained bodywork, as more expensive rectification is needed, compared to white.

VB
Silver van man? - bell boy
yep you can touch a white van in with any old white paint and a sweeping brush
silver? forget it,you have to be a magician to get the colour match correct and some