DVLA Computer being overhauled. - bell boy
this is having a major overhaul monday and is expected to cause severe disruption at the start of a new month
the advice?
do not tax your car this day either at the post office or your dvla office

message ends.............

the queue was quick though only a 45 minute wait,its back to beverley for me in future

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/11/2007 at 18:10

DVLA Computer being overhauled. - martint123
back to beverley for me in future

Do you happen to know where the council MOT place moved to when they shut (and flattened) the Grovehill rd depot?

Cheers
DVLA Computer being overhauled. - bell boy
Afraid i dont know
the sites a mess though
DVLA Computer being overhauled. - milkyjoe
did my tax last week on line....piece of cake (smarmy grin)

Edited by milkyjoe on 30/11/2007 at 22:11

DVLA Computer being overhauled. - colino
The DVLA are also putting out to tender the staffing of their operation next year, Any experience that is there now will bail out to other government departments and DVLA will become a cut price call centre.
DVLA Computer being overhauled. - madf
I understand the DVLA have been concerned about security of their operational data and have sought advice from HMRC.
:-)
madf
DVLA Computer being overhauled. - Falkirk Bairn
The story I heard is that the DVLA on-line RFL system is not a DVLA owned system

BUT

A system developed and run by IBM - who are paid by the transaction - the better the system runs the more punters will use it, the more money they earn.

The Post Office is paid a fee for RFL Renewals so it is the motorist's choice of old Vs newer technology.
DVLA Computer being overhauled. - AlastairW
Could this explain why I saw 3 black cabs in Manchester with expired tax discs today?