Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - y2k+4
Does anyone know whether as part of the Renault Megane II's facelift in 2006 any electrical components were changed? i.e. can you now expect more reliability out of the model? I only ask as the new Clio seems to be quite reliable - I know of three people with one and none have had a problem, yet Megane's are renowned for trouble.

I am considering an early facelift model to replace my Focus II, as I've always liked the styling and interior, but the unreliability reports have always made me somewhat weary.

{Header changed to include question being asked}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/11/2007 at 10:53

Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - borasport20
I don't know how it stacks up against previous models, but in the 12 months i've had a megane (56 reg)

radio has failed (intermittently, fixed by 'rebooting' the car)
autowipers stick on (intermittently, fixed by 'rebooting' the car)
dashboard lights fail to work (intermittently, fixed by 'rebooting' the car)
alarm has misbehaved (intermittently)
one sidelight failed (intermittently)
aircon failed

also, on one occasion, the car has failed to start, displayed the message 'remove card' and the minute I removed the key card from the slot, guess what - the car started !

Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - DP
We have a 54 reg Scenic (Megane based) which has not suffered any electrical faults in the 6 months we've owned it. A (mechanical) failure of the passenger electric window mechanism, and a couple of bulbs - otherwise 100% reliability.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - Snakey
After my experience with my 2005/55 model I would seriously recommend considering another car.

Meganes are nice looking, nice to drive but the worst built car I have ever owned (and I've owned over 40 different cars)

Plus the dealers are a joke, nearly every fault I've had has meant several trips to the dealer, and a lot of faults are put down to 'they all do that'

Save yourself a lot of grief and look elsewhere- plenty other cars are worth your money

Go and have a look at www.meganeownersclub.co.uk forums for the anguish they cause!
Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - Collos25
I love renaults having just got rid of a Vel Satis diesel which I thought was marvelous except for all its electrical foibels I have had two lagunas previouslyand did not learn its up for sale at the moment if anyone wants a super luxery cruiser in a saleroom in leeds(nothing to do with me)I think I have finally got rid of the bug.My old Citroen xm in Germany never lets me down.
tinyurl.com/3bcgtu {Link shrunk to restore page width}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/11/2007 at 19:10

Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - bell boy
if anyone wants a super luxury cruiser in a saleroom in leeds(nothing to do with me)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>when does it premier?
Facelift - Were any electrical components changed? - The Melting Snowman
Apparently they modified the window regulators on the Phase 2 Megane. These are fitted to Phase 1's when they break. I've had two go on mine - a 2003 model. Seems to be quite a common problem.