06 2.0 petrol handling issues - outkast
HAs anybody else experiences any handling problems with their FR-V SE 2.0ltr petrol 2006?

When steering the car follows ruts and is unstable when cornering - to the point of almost ending up in a ditch. On one quite scary occasion, weather conditions were dry and speed was appropriate to the well known road. No warning was given that the car would be unable to negotiate the quite gentle bend. The car seemed ok, then there was a sudden loss of driver control, which can only be described as a 'big wobble'. The car recently had new discs and pads, the only thing that stopped the car from crashing was -admittedly - the VMA.

I would be grateful for any feedback.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 22/11/2007 at 23:04

06 2.0 petrol handling issues - adverse camber
And your tyres are in good condition and correctly inflated?

Your alignment is correct and suspension (arms/track rod ends/etc) is undamaged?
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - Bill Payer
Does whoever was driving drive the FRV all the time? My local dealer lent me an FRV diesel and it's a very different driving experience to a normal car (especially 6 up).

Have you tried re-driving the road to see if the same thing happens again? Perhaps there was diesel on the road etc? Hitting even just a depression in the road surface (like the beginnings of a pot-hole) can cause all sorts of problems mid-bend.
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - outkast
Thanks for the replies,my wife is the main driver and was driving when the above happened.The road was free of diesel.
The tyres are in good condition and correctly inflated,it could be tracking as the front brakes have had new discs and pads although this was an issue before that,the car usually has a max of 4 occupants but on this ocassion it was just my wife.
She has lost all confidence in the car,im taking it back to the dealer(honda) who sold it too us and asking for a complete check of the front end.
I have driven it a few times and it does seem to "tramline"and pull the wheel left or right when least expected.
This is my first honda and without doubt the last!!!
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - Bill Payer
This is my first honda and without doubt the last!!!

What a strange comment. Most Honda owners absolutely love their cars.

It's clearly difficult to diagnose these things at a distance, but it sounds like there is something amiss with your car.
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - Archie35
I've got a 2007 FRV (post facelift), 2.2diesel - I definitely don't get the problem you describe, and am, with only minor caveats, very happy with the car.

I'd get yours checked!
--
\"Archie\"
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - Red Baron
The wheel nuts are all tight, aren't they?

The above posters are right, such unexpected 'behaviour', may be the sum of several factors.
06 2.0 petrol handling issues - injection doc
Agood study of the tyres may be worth while & even a change. My own car tramlines badly when the tyres become half worn!. I would still get it all checked out at the dealer.
A possible fault in the differential can cause the symptoms you discribe & would cause a fight going into a corner & a wobble. the diff could be jamming . I have seen this happen manya time but unusual on Honda's.
Doc