Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - Dereksn51
I'm sure that this has surfaced before and I guess I know the answer but for reassurance a person previously driving a company vehicle for the past 5 years now made redundant has to seek his own insurance policy.He's had no accidents in that time and therefore has a legitimate right to ncd.How does he formally get the required documentary proof to satisfy his new insurance company?
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - normd2
He should contact his old personnel dept in the first instance - this should have been covered during the consultation period interviews.
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - rtj70
What he needs is called a "credence letter" from the company insurance I believe.
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - madf
Pretty standard procedure.

"I certify that Mr XXX has enjoyed the use of a company vehicle for the past 5 years and to our knowledge incurred no claims or accidents in that period.."

Either HR or Company Secretary...company headed paper. signed etc...
madf
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - jc2
You could also ask for a quote from the insurance company that handled your firm's business.
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - ForumNeedsModerating
In ref. to jc2's suggestion - when I was last employed by somebody else, about 11 years ago - I did just that & got a good quote, they already 'knew' me via the co. I worked for, so the process was easy. Still with them now - funnily, although they don't appear on those price comparison websites & indices for cheapness, they're always very competitive - an advantage of building a 'personal' with a direct insurance underwriter (not broker!)
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - martint123
I got a letter from the company saying "no claims in xx years" and "no longer entitled to company vehicle". Worked a treat.
Proof of ncd for Co car driver made redundant - concrete
Been in this situation a couple of times before. I have been taken at my word as a regular driver and not having any claims. Pointless to state otherwise, in the event of a claim you would not be covered. But I have known letters issued by company HR to state that the use of the vehicle was constant for xx years etc etc. Don't worry, your record is easy to establish. Best of luck. Concrete