Rust found on a 2006 model! - nick
A mate of mine has an 06 Freelander as a company car. It's the van version which means no rear seats and metal panels where the rear windows normally are. It's just gone in under warranty for bad rusting around the above-mentioned rear panels. Not just a minor bubble either. Nice red streaks down the bodywork. According to the dealer, there's a bit of waiting list for rear panels because of this problem and in bad cases some welding of a new lip on the rear window aperture is required. I saw the rusting myself but the other information is third-hand so don't take it as gospel unless someone else can verify it.
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is thinking of getting one. Make sure you look closely and ask if any warranty work has been done.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/11/2007 at 18:54

Rust! - 659FBE
Any vehicle using non galvanised steel is now off my list. There are enough around which do - even the Peugeot 106 was galvanised (mostly).

Rust! - cheddar
Reckon Frelanders are galvanised though the "window" panel is probably not and is almost certainly fitted post production.