Another load of scrap cars - dxp55
These cars have been sitting here for years
www.brewerauctionservice.com/ question is does anyone know what the car is in thumbnails on top line right corner - It is numbered but not listed

Dave
Another load of scrap cars - Group B
I thought with the sort of teardrop droop of the trim around the headlight it was a Willys, but the grille is wrong for a Willys. What it could be is a Hudson, in fact I'll eat my hat if it isn't.. ;o)

snipurl.com/1tqd0
It has the split window and the chrome trim up the middle and sides of the bonnet (sorry, hood) look the same..

Rich.

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 16/11/2007 at 09:13

Are you fancying that car Dave?

It just doesnt happen in this country does it; I cant imagine going to a scrapyard and seeing it full of 30's/ 40's cars.

Have you seen this website full of rusty wrecks:
www.carsinbarns.com/
Not cars for sale but it highlights an American trait to let cars sit in the yard for years instead of scrapping them..

;o)
Another load of scrap cars - Cliff Pope
>>>>
It just doesnt happen in this country does it; I cant imagine going to a
scrapyard and seeing it full of 30's/ 40's cars.

>>>>

Until a few years ago there was an overflowing scrap yard a few miles down the valley from us. It had mainly commercial vehicles from the 40s and 50s, all long since rusted into oblivion, with trees growing through them, all covered in moss and ivy. The little stream tinkled picturesquely over old engine blocks and spoked wheels. It was an idylic spot, unchanged for half a century. Now it has all been bulldozed and turned into a caravan park.
Rich

I think you might be looking at wrong picture - when you scroll down to the thumbnails it is the right hand car on top line numbered 214. -I thought at first glance it was a TR3 but grill and back is wrong -just the way bonnet curved over front. 214 is missing from list.
Not about to bid on any of these - plugs and oil is as far as I go these days - fibreglass and filler are things of past now.

Dave
Oh dear I definitely looked at the wrong picture!

I did not see any thumbnails in your link so I clicked on the top Auction listing for "Nov. 17th - Classic cars", and looked at the top right thumbnail there, which for me is this one:

snipurl.com/1tqmm

Ah, I've sussed it, depending on how big your display monitor is, the number of cars per line changes, so the top right car must be different on my screen to yours.

Also its one of these websites where you click on different pages but the address at the top doesn't change, you have to select properties and copy the real page address from there..

;o)

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 16/11/2007 at 14:09

Rich

Sorry for any confusion -I must have had an early morning senior moment.

Dave

Edited by dxp55 on 16/11/2007 at 14:49

No probs Dave I've seen which one you mean now, the grey low-down one. I vaguely remember seeing one before but I've no idea what it is?

Rich.
Another load of scrap cars - Hugo {P}
There's one garage near me that allegadlyhad the ambulance that Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth drove for the war effort during WW2.

There were a number of other classics there. They were in a similar condition to the ones on that sight.
Another load of scrap cars - DavidHM
If you mean this:

www.brewerauctionservice.com/11-17-07-Mitchell/las...G

it *is* listed - it is listed as "The Muntz" - apparently one of 50 survivors from only 366 built.

More info here:

members.aol.com/miray/muntzcarco.html

Another load of scrap cars - J Bonington Jagworth
"an American trait to let cars sit in the yard for years"

They do it with aircraft, too..
airchive.com/SITE%20PAGES/VIN-MOJAVE.html

Possibly connected to the climate, and having lots of room!