Immobiliser 414i N Reg - Lisa t
Do any of you out there know how to by pass the immobiliser system on a Rover 414i N Reg. I am unable to start the car and have been informed it will cost £130.00 to have this done, but if we know how my partner can do this. The car is only worth abouth £200.00

We have gone down the route of the emergency key code (which was missing from the car info) but no Rover records exist prior to P reg and have tried a new battery in the fob but no luck.

I realise we don't want this info public on the website but if you can help please reply and I will give you my email to send the info. Thank you

Immobiliser 414i N Reg - Screwloose
Lisa

There is no easy way past a 5AS immobilizer; it's integrated into the engine management ECU and you'll need a auto-locksmith to re-set the system, or send the ECU to a reconditioner to be virginized.

Did you follow the instructions in the handbook on battery replacement and fob re-synchronizing?
Immobiliser 414i N Reg - Lisa t
Yes, we followed all the instructions, but were stumped as we had no emergency key code. We now believe the problem may be the key fob, but is about £120.00 for a new fob and program, the cars only worth a few hundred, thanks
Immobiliser 414i N Reg - idokostevens
i saved it just in case for future reference,you never know the science museum >>might get one of those rovers in a case one day and need the start details.........:)

this was a thread posted by bell boy in 2005 in respect of rover 218 with the same problem. I am sure those of us with the problem now would appreciate if this could be mailed to us individually so as to get the different cars moving.

It's really frustating having a car parked in the garage and not being able to use it.

Bell boy, pls assist.
Immobiliser 414i N Reg - Pugugly {P}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=5358&v...f

That's the one I assume. Easy enough to find on the forum search, even filed into the drop down menus. Almost exactly two years ago, how strange.