Add On Vehicle Computer - Fullchat
As a result of trawling through the website mentioned in the 'Another Acetone Thread' I found this link:

www.scangauge.com/

If your vehicle does not have one of those on board computers then this could be the toy for you. It seems to provide much more data than just fuel consumption and also shows fault codes which can be reset. All for $169.95 - So that should be about £85?? There are English agents.

Or contact www.fullchatsreallyboredonasaturdaynight.com (only joking!)
--
Fullchat

Edited by Fullchat on 10/11/2007 at 21:58

Add On Vehicle Computer - frazerjp
I'd like to see how they can fit it to the cars ECU, if it was to be worthwhile investment will it catch on overhere?
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Add On Vehicle Computer - NARU
It connects using the OBD interface.

From their FAQ:
"The ScanGauge requires the vehicle to be either OBDII or EOBD compatible. In the US and Canada, cars and light trucks were required to be OBDII compatible starting in 1996. In Europe, EOBD was phased in between 2002 and 2004. Other parts of the world have required one of them starting in various years.

Many vehicles made and/or sold outside the US and Canada had one of the protocols before they were required in that country. This was to allow sales to other countries and because they knew they would eventually be required to meet the requirements and designed it in when they redesigned a particular model.

There is no comprehensive list of when particular vehicles began using OBDII or EOBD outside the US and Canada."
Add On Vehicle Computer - Aprilia
I have actually purchased a couple of these in the past and installed them on Subarus. They've been around for a couple of years - essentially an OBDII/EOBD scanner. There are UK agents, but I actually bought mine from a dealer in the US for £75 and had to pay around £12.50 import tax - at the time the UK distributor wanted £115 + delivery. This is at least a year ago though, so prices may have come down with the exchange rate.

You can buy a 'blendmount' which fits to the interior mirror support on a Subaru, and other vehicles (look on US ebay), enabling the scanguage to be mounted above the mirror - very neat.

The unit plugs into the EOBD 16-pin connector.

Fuel consumption measurement is not particularly accurate (you calibrate it yourself), so I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone. The unit is quite small and neat and you can change to colour of the LCD display etc. It would also fit into a DIN-size dash opening with some DIY-brackets etc.