2003 HDi - diesel additive - jayvee
I have a 2003 2.0 hdi, 110 ,peugeot 307 sw, with 88000 miles on it. today a message with an audible bleep has flashed up on the instrument panel," DIESEL ADDITIVE MINIMUM LEVEL" is this a main dealer job or can it be done diy? is it expensive? and is it an urgent repair required as I probably only do 100 miles a week at the moment. I have recently fitted new heater plugs and on the last fill up used some redex cleaner could there be a connection? I would appreciate any help on the above matter, thanks JOHN.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/11/2007 at 19:53

2003 HDi - diesel additive - injection doc
It means its running out of addative!, don't have a heart attack when you find out how much it is!. It can be done at a dealer or good independent if they have the tool to reset the addative system once its filled. No connection with the redex i'm afraid.
Hopefully the addative has dropped in price but it used to be £25 ltr & it takes a few! + labour & reset. Ouch. the wonder of technology.
Doc
2003 HDi - diesel addative - jayvee
thanks for that doc, does it need doing asap or have I time to ring round and find "a man that can!" refill the addative system, is it on the front of the engine with plastic pipes in and out of it? I had to remove the bracket holding these pipes and was worried in case any of the pipes cracked or split, if it is that item could that have happened?
2003 HDi - diesel addative - jayvee
had the problem fixed at my local independant garage, 3 litres of "stuff", 1/2 hour labour and computer reset. £145. peugeot wanted £220 minimum and started waffling on about ecu damage and filter replacements (female service receptionist!!)
2003 HDi - diesel addative - injection doc
Thanks for the feed back. You obviously have a good indy .Dealerships never understand how important it is to have a talented & experienced receptionist as it reflects upon the whole business. I'm sure had they of had a confident receptionist that understood your fault confidently & merley explained you needed a refill & reset you may of been drawn in. I have to say dealerships are there own worst enemy.
Doc
2003 HDi - diesel addative - Screwloose
Doc

I think the dealers would have been required to have replaced the FAP as part of a package deal on servicing the anti-pollution system. I agree with the bit about bimbo [err... intellectually-challenged female] receptionists though....

All this should have been done on the 50,000 service anyway.